08 November 2010

0181-0200: autumn.

These weeks have been long.  They’ve been stressful.  I’ve laughed a lot; cried some; slept little.  You’ll notice that a lot of these thankfuls have to do with rest and/or friends.  It’s what happens in college, I guess.  God reminds me continually that neither my body nor my heart is independent.

So many things to be thankful for, and I’ve missed counting week by week.  But life is about stumbling and getting back up, and so I pick up right where I left off…

0181:  this girl came to visit me:

IMG_2409b

0182:  I got to show my sister my world.  introduce her to my friends.  hear her infectious giggle. 
0183:  already November, and I haven’t gotten sick yet.
0184:  sunshine after days of gray, damp cold.
0185:  friends who cheer me up with faces like this:

IMG_5435b 
0186:  “I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me.” [psalm 3.3]
0187:  the Puritans.  Edward Taylor.  Anne Bradstreet.
0188:  English tests.  Exhausting (physically, mentally, and emotionally)…but oh, so fun (if you’re prepared)!
0189:  making new friends.
0190: 
This website.  A guy who sat down with his acoustic guitar and sang the whole book of Ephesians.  [click on “music” link at the top.]
0191:  brilliant fall colors.  my school is the most beautiful place on earth in the fall.
0192:  crisp air, corn mazes, hay rides, windblown hair, fall colors, and friends to enjoy it all with:
group1
0193:  the friend who woke me up when I slept 10 minutes into a midterm. 0194:  a gracious professor whose only reaction was to hug me and ask if everything was okay.  
0195:  friends who threw a blanket over me when I fell asleep on their floor after that long week…who let me sleep there for 10 uninterrupted hours.
0196:  inspiration to finish each writing assignment well.
0197:  “Wash me white as snow, & I will be made whole…”  [Jon Foreman, “White as Snow”]
0198:  “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were f a r  o f f have been brought near by the blood of Christ.  For He Himself is our peace…” [Eph. 2] 
0199:  loose-leaf black raspberry passion-fruit tea. mmm…
0200:  “Anchor my heart on Me, thy Rock.
           I do in thee Delight.” [Edward Taylor, “Christ’s Reply”]

holy experience

3 comments:

  1. A hay ride sounds like so much fun! I haven't been on one of those in a few years. OK, so the strange pumpkin man, is his face normally like that, or did you guys morph it into that awesome expression? :D MMM! Black raspberry passion-fruit tea sound marvelous! I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there was a corn maze near my school and they had all sorts of things to do.

    There's a story behind that picture. I'd had a horrible week and was stressing badly, so one of my friends grabbed his face in the way you see in the picture, and said, "I am a guppy. I cannot smile. But I will try." and he tried to smile. He made everybody do it until I started laughing. That scarecrow looked particularly glum, so we made the face & took a picture. :)

    I'm not sure where the tea was from - a friend got it from a specialty store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beauty you have shown here! Loved the care of your friends and professor~

    http://wp.me/p97XK-28a

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails