09 August 2010

0096-0107: quiet.

This has been a fairly quiet week - no major struggles or ecstasies, nothing out of the ordinary - & I'm okay with that. As I enjoy these last peaceful weeks before packing & moving & everything school, I count these gifts:


0096:  mini roadtrips with my mom
0097:  the stereotypical father/daughter bonding experience known as The Parallel Parking Lesson
0098:  leaking tire & long search for air aside, the lesson went well. 
0099:  my first Chipotle burrito. {I know, I know} 
0100:  one hundred gifts counted - a heart opened to His simple mercies. 
0101:  discipline to maintain consistent Scripture reading
0102:  "As for me, I am poor & needy, but the Lord takes thought for me." {Psalm 40.17}
0103:  "The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you." {Psalm 9.9-10} 
0104:  good Sunday morning fellowship {not such a rarity, anymore}
0105:  Jesus sees, knows, & loves.
0106:  e. e. cummings & a new life-poem 
0107:  Oh, the Saviour pleads your pardon with his blood & the Spirit blows the embers of our hearts...

holy experience

6 comments:

  1. Mini road-trips and bonding with dad -- love it! My dad bonded with me by jumping not one, but two, cars this week (mine and a friend's). Gotta love that!

    Giving thanks with you that Jesus sees and knows and loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jesus knows and loves" so amazing. He knows the worst and still loves. I have been finding myself in situations lately realizing I need to grow in this. By the power of His Spirit I will, and the truth of the verses you quoted will breathe courage to the learning. Your list is so wholesome. God bless your journey! - eleanor

    p.s. I'm thrilled you spent some time at redeemed days

    ReplyDelete
  3. GlowinGirl - Haha yeah, fun times. :) Thank God for dads who know about cars! Thanks for stopping by.

    Eleanor - Thank you for your kind words! I find myself in these learning situations often, also. I enjoyed my visit to redeemed days, & look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had my first Chipotle experience too. It will be on my next list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misty, I don't know about you, but I couldn't finish mine! That burrito was pretty much the equivalent of 2 and a half meals for me. But good...so good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love road trips! How fun.


    Stopping by to follow your blog! Nice to meet you.

    Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails