16 August 2010

0108—123: summer nights & back to school

This is the week that I realized…I’m leaving for school soon.  I am looking forward to being back, to seeing my friends, getting to know my new roommate, taking challenging classes, and getting more involved in extracurriculars.  At the same time, it feels like I just got home.  And I will miss my family a lot in the weeks that I am away.
Even so, God is providing many blessings and happy memories in this time of packing and preparation:
0108:  God's peace & glory in a thunderstorm.
0109:  A few hours in a book store.
0110:  Self-control to not buy anything from the book store.
0111:  Recognizing when I am on the fast train to Burn Out
0112:  & subsequent peace about taking a lighter course load.
0113:  No damage during many thunderstorms.
0114:  A week of just mom & sister.
0115:  Dad's safe return.
0116:  Skyping with the my freshman roommate (& much laughter)

0117:  Provision to buy the clothes I need for school
0118:  Shopping is no longer a self-esteem-breaking ordeal. 
0119:  $180 coat for $38. 
0120:  An evening at the fair with my younger sister.
0121:  First funnel cake ever.  Sooo good.
0122:  A long talk walking up & down the carnival street.
0123:  Out of distress into jubilant psalm, Jesus, I come to Thee…
holy experience

5 comments:

  1. mmm! Funnel cakes are amazing! Hard to believe that you've just now tried one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Cotton candy was always my treat of choice at the fair, but I'm pretty much converted now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to skype my freshman roommate as well. As always a joy to splash around in thankfulness. Your blog, simply delightful.

    Splashin',
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your encouragement, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tagged you for Crazy Eights! The questions can be found at my blog.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails