02 August 2010

promises & praise: 0082-0095

This week started well.  But then struggle spiraled downward.  
Focus...gone. 
Motivation...none. 
Prayer...inarticulate, distracted.
Scripture reading...last priority.  Even when I knew it should be my first comfort.  
Guilt...off the charts.
My soul crawled to the Lord's Table on Sunday morning.

And because God is good, faithful to His promises, abounding in grace, mercy, and steadfast love, my soul left that Table singing a new song.  And so this week, I give thanks for...  

0082:  This post by Sarah Markley on forgiveness.  ("He’d rather us hug one another, but when we can’t just bring ourselves to throw our arms around the neck of someone who has wounded us in our soul, He is there. We can fall into Him and be reconciled to one another BECAUSE of Him".  Amen & amen.)

0083:  pictures of my new baby nephew.

0084:  my younger (now taller) sister.  and her infectious giggle.

0085:  cool breeze and 80 degrees.  finally. 

0086.  a porch swing on which to enjoy #85. 


0087:  after-dark driving with my dad.


0088:  
"Is anyone among you in trouble?  He should pray."  (even if all I can pray is "Father...hold me.")

0089:  "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."


0090:  "...the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials..."

0091:  "The word of the LORD is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness."

0092:  "The earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD."

0093:  "He spoke, and it came to be; He commanded, and it stood firm."

0094:
"Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His steadfast love, that He may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine."  

0095:  "My sin -- not in part, but the whole -- is nailed to the cross, & I bear it no more.  Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!" 



holy experience

5 comments:

  1. Love this post. I so identify. And I love your thankfuls. Came here from Heart and Home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words! I love that you found me through Heart & Home, but we're both counting 1000 gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    I relate to your description of your week. Your thankfulnesses are great refreshing from his words:)
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kath!
    Since I didn't include references in my post: #88 is James 5.13. #89 is Hebrews 4.16. #90 is a phrase from 2 Peter 2.7-9. And #91-93 are from Psalm 32. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 0088: Is anyone among you in trouble? He should pray. I think us sharing gratitude and encouraging one another is part of this :-), Thank~You for visiting my blog and your encouraging comments, I like to pray "Abba I belong to you".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails